Manufactured under cGMP, Kollisolv® PG (1,2-propyleneglycol) can used across a wide range of applications, i.e. as plasticizer, solvent or co-solvent, stabilizer, or as carrier for emulsifiers.
Kollisolv® PG is manufactured in line with the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP, according to ICH Q7A guideline) as a high purity grade. It is therefore suitable for any approved application. Kollisolv® PG is used in a variety of pharmaceutical formulations:
- As a preservative
- As a carrier for emulsifiers and as a vehicle for flavours
- As an extractant for active principles from natural products
- As a plasticizer in aqueous film-coating formulations
- As a solvent or co-solvent for a wide variety of active ingredients
- As a solvent and stabilizer in vitamin formulations