Due to the balance of strong disintegration and optimal surface homogeneity our crosspovidone Kollidon® CL-F is your first choice tablet disintegrant. The super-disintegrant is specifically suitable for use in small tablets to fasten disintegration and dissolution. Kollidon® CL-F can also be used in wet granulation processes, when large amount of granulation liquids are needed.
Kollidon® CL-F is the perfect alternative when formulators are looking for a disintegrant with strong disintegration power in combination with a smooth tablet surface and pleasing haptic properties. The water-insoluble crospovidone Kollidon® CL-F improves tablet hardness. Tablet containing Kollidon® CL-F do not tend to form rough surfaces when stored under humid conditions. Like the soluble products crospovidone improves the bioavailability of some hardly soluble actives and it can be used in wet granulation processes, when large amount of granulation liquids are required.
The insoluble grades of Kollidon® (Crospovidone) are manufactured by a polymerization process that yields crosslinked insoluble polyvinylpyrrolidone in the form of a “popcorn” polymer. The polymerisation is performed using an aqueous system. Neither organic solvents nor radical starters are involved at any stage.
Kollidon® CL-F – First Choice Superdisintegrant
- Strong disintegration power in combination with a smooth tablet surface
- Ideal for small tablet formulation
- Suitable for wet granulation processes
- Bioavailability increase of selected hardly soluble active ingredients
- Consistently high quality for reliable performance and formulation stability
The insoluble Kollidon® CL-grades possess a number of useful properties for pharmaceutical products.
- Improvement of tablet disintegration through predictable swelling without gel-formation
- Swelling properties paired with particle size distribution make the fine Kollidon® CL-grades work efficiently in fast disintegrating formulations
- In contrast to other disintegrants the Kollidon® grades improve the release and the bioavailability of drugs through complex formation
- Kollidon® grades feature selective adsorption of polyphenols by complex formation
- Kollidon® grades feature selective complex formation with some endotoxins
|Chemical name:||Polyvinylpyrrolidone, crosslinked|
|Synonyms:||Crospovidone, crospovidonum, insoluble polyvinylpyrrolidone, crosslinked PVP.|
|Regulatory Status:||Kollidon® CL-F meets the requirements of the current monographs for crospovidone in Ph. Eur., USP/NF and JPE. Due to its particle size Kollidon® CL-F corresponds to Type A in Ph. Eur.|
|Description:||The insoluble Kollidon® grades are supplied as fine white or almost white powders. They have a slight characteristic odor and are practically tasteless. They are insoluble in all of the usual solvents.|
Learn more about Kollidon® CL-F