The Kollidon® CL family is the industry’s widest portfolio of super-disintegrants and dissolution enhancers. These highly functional cross-linked PVP polymers ensure that active ingredients are released from any solid dosage form at exceptionally high speed. In addition, they improve bioavailability of certain poorly soluble APIs.
The insoluble grades of Kollidon® (Crospovidone) are manufactured by a polymerization process that yields crosslinked insoluble polyvinylpyrrolidone in the form of a “popcorn” polymer. The polymerisation is performed using an aqueous system. Neither organic solvents nor radical starters are involved at any stage. Kollidon® CL is available as standard, fine, superfine and micronized grade.
Kollidon® CL - Your benefits
- The industry’s widest portfolio of super-disintegrants and dissolution enhancers
- Improved release characteristics of tablets, capsules and granules
- Exceptionally fast release of active ingredients in solid dosage forms
- Consistently high quality for reliable performance and formulation stability
- The original PVP from the industry’s most experienced team
The insoluble Kollidon® CL-grades possess a number of useful properties for pharmaceutical products.
- Improvement of tablet disintegration through predictable swelling without gel-formation
- Swelling properties paired with particle size distribution make the fine Kollidon® CL-grades work efficiently in fast disintegrating formulations
- In contrast to other disintegrants the Kollidon® grades improve the release and the bioavailability of drugs through complex formation
- Kollidon® grades feature selective adsorption of polyphenols by complex formation
- Kollidon® grades feature selective complex formation with some endotoxins
|Chemical name:||Polyvinylpyrrolidone, crosslinked|
|Synonyms:||Crospovidone, crospovidonum, insoluble polyvinylpyrrolidone, crosslinked PVP.|
|Regulatory Status:||Kollidon® CL meets the requirements of the current monographs for crospovidone in Ph. Eur., USP/NF and JPE. Due to its particle size Kollidon® CL corresponds to Type A in Ph. Eur.|
|Description:||The insoluble Kollidon® grades are supplied as fine white or almost white powders. They have a slight characteristic odor and are practically tasteless. They are insoluble in all of the usual solvents.|
|Applications:||The main function is as super-disintegrant in tablets to fasten disintegration and dissolution. Like the soluble products crospovidone improves the bioavailability of some hardly soluble actives.|
Learn more about Kollidon® CL