Flexible excipient to overcome a wide range of pharmaceutical challenges that provide formulators with increased efficiency and added functionality.
Kolliphor® P 188 is an poloxamer that enables and enhances a wide range of functional applications. For instant and modified release applications, Kolliphor® P 188 can act as a stabilizer in oral suspensions. In formulations that include poorly soluble actives, Kolliphor® P 188 can improve solubility, absorption and bioavailability. Corresponding dosage forms can then be processed by melting or granulation. Kolliphor® P 188 serves as a plasticizing agent, a solubilizer and an emulsifier, supporting both solid and liquid dispersions, as well as emulsions and micro-emulsions. Kolliphor® P 188 can also act as a co-emulsifier in creams and emulsions for skin delivery applications.
Kolliphor® P 188 can be used as an emulsifier and solubilizer, as a dispersing and wetting agent for solid dispersions and also to improve solubility, absorption and bioavailability of poorly soluble actives. It also is utilized as a co-emulsifier in creams, emulsions and as a suspension stabilizer and tablet lubricant. As dissolution enhancer, lubricant and wetting agent it is particularly suitable for wet granulation.
Our Kolliphor® Portfolio
- BASF’s unparalleled portfolio of solubilizers and emulsifiers for topical products offers you the perfect solution, whatever the application or formulation type
- Our innovations include new solubilizers that enhance bioavailability of active ingredients
- The high performance and safety of BASF products is backed by comprehensive documentation – so you know you can rely on us
- Our flexible Kolliphor® solutions can be used for hot-melt and spray-drying processes
- BASF Poloxamers offer better solubilizing properties compared to HPMC, PVP and cyclodextrins. Also, our Poloxamers are non-ionic and less irritating
|Former trade name:||Lutrol® F 68|
|Regulatory Status:||Meets requirement of Ph. Eur., USP / NF:
Poloxamer 188; JPE: Polyoxyethylene (160)
Polyoxylpropylene (30) glycol.
Learn more about Kolliphor® P 188
|Kolliphor® P 188||Information & Certificates|
|Kolliphor® P 188 Geismar||Information & Certificates|