As lipophilic lubricant Kolliwax® SA is the first choice for sensitive acidic APIs. It is commonly also used as viscosity regulator for oil-in-water emulsions and as a pH independent sustained release agent. Kolliwax® SA acts as a plasticizer with included consistency factor in solid dispersions. It hardens suppository formulations and adjust their melting points.
Why choose Kolliwax® SA?
- Fully approved pharmaceutical-grade excipient – for your peace of mind
- Pasticizer with included consistency factor functionality
- Lipophilic lubricant and the first choice for sensitive acidic APIs
- Viscosity regulator with a higher melting point
- Guaranteed performance across a wide variety of applications
- Innovative solutions for better, more stable formulations
Major Applications of Kolliwax® SA
Kolliwax® grades can be used for all kinds of topical pharmaceutical applications such as gels, lotions and creams. All Kolliwax® grades act as consistency factors and co-emulsifiers at the same time. With their amphiphilic structure they will stabilize the surface between oil and water and will help to enhance the viscosity with building up a liquid crystalline network in the water-phase (lamellar structure).
Kolliwax® SA is able to stabilize W/O and O/W emulsion and will help top create a unique softness and creaminess in the end application. Kolliwax® SA is mainly used as structure-building consistency factor for semi-solids such as creams, emulsions, ointments and gels as well as a viscosity regulator with a higher melting point.
|Chemical name||Stearyl Alcohol|
|Former product name||Speziol® C 18 Pharma|
|Raw material origin||Kolliwax® SA is based on vegetable and synthetic raw materials.|
|Regulatory status||Ph. Eur., USP / NF, JP: Stearyl Alcohol|
Learn more about Kolliwax® SA