As of July 26, 2021, we have no indications of a significant impact on global operations and supply chain of our BASF Nutrition & Health business due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
BASF Nutrition & Health
Business Update on COVID-19
We hope that you, your family and loved ones are all well.
The coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic is changing the world as we know it. People’s health and wellbeing are at the forefront of this crisis. This is why our paramount priority is to protect our colleagues, contractors, visitors and the communities in which we operate. We are doing our best to get through this unprecedented health crisis by taking necessary precautions to care for our colleagues around the world.
The BASF global, regional, country and site crisis management teams are meeting daily to further monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 and recommend the necessary mitigation measures. Our teams are all working hard to ensure business continuity and minimize the overall impact to business operations. We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of them for their outstanding work and dedication during these exceptional circumstances – and we would also like to genuinely thank all our customers for their understanding and cooperation during these times.
BASF Nutrition & Health status as essential business to critical infrastructure
BASF Nutrition & Health fully supports the efforts of governments around the world to help contain the spread of COVID-19. These are important steps to combat the pandemic and help ensure the health of our society. We also recognize the important role we play in supporting critical infrastructures as defined by local authorities. The chemical industry has been deemed as an essential business to critical infrastructure in most of the countries where BASF Nutrition & Health operates. The confirmation of our products as essential to critical infrastructure varies from country to country.
BASF Nutrition & Health production sites have been given exemption from shutdowns that are implemented in various countries. We are in contact with the local authorities when necessary to support the logistical continuity of customer supply.
BASF Pharma Solutions: Excipients enabling the efficacy of essential medications
Society has been facing many challenges to maintain the health and quality of life of human beings on the planet, particularly now during the current Covid-19 pandemic. BASF Pharma solutions is responding with excipients that are crucial to enabling the efficacy of essential medications for patients across the globe, two notable examples are:
Kolliphor® P 188 Bio and Kollidon® VA64 (copovidone).
Actions taken to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on our operations:
- Compliance with preventive and hygienic measures for our own employees as well as external visitors, including additional rules at the respective sites and access points.
- Close contact with our logistics service providers to find practical solutions and protect the supply chains.
- Continuously introducing measures at our production sites to interrupt potential chains of infection, depending on local conditions.
- Official orders by local authorities and additional instructions from country and site crisis teams may be mandatory and will be strictly followed.
- Business trips to risk areas are prohibited.
- Non-business-critical travel should be avoided.
- Precise instructions apply when employees return from risk areas on business or private trips, including domestic quarantine measures as recommended by the health authorities.
- Non-business-critical meetings should not be conducted in person, but alternatives, e.g., virtual meetings, should be used.
- Employees who can work from home should do so in consultation with their superiors.
- Employees in production are organized in strictly separate teams.
- Canteen visits are regulated, catering services were introduced.
- Physical contacts are reduced to the necessary minimum.
- In order to avoid spreading the virus, employees, customers and logistic service providers are asked to adhere to the following hygiene and behavioral measures based on WHO recommendations:
- Wash your hands frequently: Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing. Maintain at least 1-2 meters (3-6 feet) distance between yourself and others, especially when they are coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene: Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
We are here to help with any questions you may have. Click here to contact us.
Thank you and we wish you, your family and colleagues the best during these difficult times.
Stay healthy and well everyone.
The information contained herein is based on BASF´s understanding and belief as of the date on which this information was prepared and is subject to change or modification at any time in BASF´s sole discretion. BASF does not undertake, and expressly rejects, any obligation to update this information on or after the date on which it was prepared, except as may be expressly required by law.
BASF ASSUMES NO OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY FOR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN.